Featured Post

Friday, December 25, 2009

Blogging on Christmas...


I’ve often wondered if I have “no life” or “too much life.” When someone told me once to “get a life” I freaked. I thought I had one!

A life that was always full of too much! ....and at other times, not enough. I was contemplating this holiday season....too much or too quiet? I write on Christmas Day....all alone. But, certainly, not lonely. It’s really a choice we make. I can’t be busy 24/7 nor should I be. My holiday season has been so full, yet now, so quiet....

My son called me from DisneyLand on Xmas Eve. At that moment I realized that me and the dog,, sitting at home with our fake tree, waiting for “It’s a Wonderful Life” to air ...well, we are just boring. (okay, “me,” the dog doesn’t care.) And, I wondered “too much life, or no life,” for the millionth time. How is it I am looking forward to updating my website and filing my annual sales tax quietly Christmas morning?!

So, I looked back over the years and realized how magical times have been; how magical the season has been this year even in the worst of economic times, and that I have been blessed -it’s been a full life. I guess the point is: being “satisfied.” I am sublimely satisfied today. I hope whatever you are doing you are happy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment