Featured Post

Monday, January 18, 2010

Making the Most of What YOU Can Contribute


As I prepare to immerse myself in an different culture - that of Mexico (which is probably more dominated by Canadian tourists where I am staying!) I am wondering WHY it is human nature to "blame" others for things which we don't want to take responsibility?

It became clear when the Rodney King Riots happened in Los Angeles, that everyone just had to blame someone! And, you know what? Absolutely nothing came out of that except siphoned energies that could have been used to REBUILD, MAKE PROGRESSIVE CHANGES, AND FIX CORRUPTED SYSTEMS. I am clearly reminded of that today with the plight of American Health Care, American politics, Middle Eastern Politics, and the Haitian Earthquake.

I will tell you a clear and unequivocal truth: You and Everyone, gain nothing from blaming. You and Everyone make yourselves victims. Victims are happy where they are and want to whine and they contribute nothing. Think about this: Blaming contributes NOTHING. CONTRIBUTE (it releases you from victimization.) Don't pass one more email that whines, complains or blames. DO SOMETHING. Commit yourself to contributing to changing one thing that you dislike or are dissatisfied.

If you want to PASS a statement of blame PROMISE ME that you are ACTING ON IT YOURSELF. Otherwise share it with the other whiners and victims. I am NOT going to go to my grave having been a victim. I am going to be a contributor.

LAE

No comments:

Post a Comment